So you want to do e-commerce.
Here is a short list of what is involved in setting up an e-commerce website or adding it to your existing website.
There are at least three pieces that need to fit together well to make it work.
- Some kind of shopping cart to select the one or more items to be purchased.
- A gateway to connect your site and/or shopping cart to the merchant account (bank account that accepts online payments).
- A merchant account to actually receive the payment.
All three of the above items MUST play well together to make the system work. When you decide to add e-commerce to your web site take some time to research the three elements to get the ones that work best for you.
In addition, you need to:
- Have a process to get the item(s) purchased to the customer
- Understand the security involved with collecting credit card information
- Know if you need a SSL certificate – to encrypt the data for security
- Have a customer service process in place
- Know how to handle returns, etc.
As you can see e-commerce can be very involved and there is no "one size fits all" solution. Call Joe at Borsche
Digital, LLC today (630-310-8612) to talk in more detail about adding e-commerce to your website.
The goal of this newsletter is to provide you with information and ideas that will allow you to improve your
web site and your business.
Call Joe at Borsche
Digital, LLC today at 630-310-8612 to set up your free
web site evaluation, a $100 value, to see how we can help your business by improving
your web site functionality.
Borsche Digital, LLC